Background: A transformation modern production and an increase of workload requires continuous improvement of occupational psychophysiological selection, the search for new approaches to its implementation and the creation of special ways to evaluation of the psychophysiological state of workers. Aim: The aim of this investigation is to develop the approach for quantitative evaluation of efficiency reduction risk in worker’s occupational activity, probability of health and safety depletion during the entire life period of work. Materials and Methods: The investigation based on data for 110 exogenous psychophysiological indicators, received from survey that encompassed the workers of operative service in electric power engineering industry in Ukraine. The materials of psychophysiological survey was examined by means of statistical tools, factor analysis and multivariate regression models. Results: The developed technique gave the possibility to determine the statistical significance and to estimate the impact of main physiological indicators, chosen by factor analysis, on the level of success in the occupational activity of workers, health reliability and readiness to work under dangerous circumstances. The model, in addition to the factors of the psychophysiological state, includes the variable that describes the age of the worker and provides analysis for 4 age categories. Conclusion: The significant important factors that influence the risk of reduction and loss in occupational efficiency for workers are the variability, the total error and the number of positive values according to pendulum methodology; the average reaction time according to square-circle technique; variability according to the square technique; adaptability and time of the task performance according to the adaptability methodology. The worker’s belonging to some age group don’t change significantly the risk of depletion their occupational ability, health safety and efficiency.
2. Ivanov IV, Antonov AG, Kaganov VM. Effect of psychophysiological qualities tank subunits commanders on efficiency of activity. V Rus Mil Med Ac 2015; 2(50): 133-138.
3. Zelenina NV, Nagibovich OA, Ovchinnikov BV, Yusupov VV. Possibilities of using the latest achievements of psychogenetic for professional psychological selection in the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation. V Rus Mil Med Ac 2016; 3(55): 245-250.
4. Kudrin RA, Komarov YY, Lifanova EV, Dyatlov MN. The technique for evaluating and developing psycho-physiological features required to make good drivers of passenger service vehicles. J VolgSMU 2017; 1(61): 124-130.
5. Ulutasdemir N, Kilic M, Zeki Ö, Begendi F. Effects of Occupational Health and Safety on Healthy Lifestyle Behaviors of Workers Employed in a Private Company in Turkey. Ann Glob Health 2015; 81 (4); 503-511.
6. Andreevsky EV, Burkov EA, Nazarenko NA, Paderno PJ. Analysis of professional psychological selection strategy (models and characteristics). Izvestiya SPbGETU "LETI" 2015; 6: 34-40.
7. Brenner F, Ortner T, Fay D. Asynchronous Video Interviewing as a New Technology in Personnel Selection: The Applicant's Point of View. Front Psychol 2016; 14(7): 863-880.
8. Lenzenweger MF. Factors underlying the psychological and behavioral characteristics of Office of Strategic Services candidates: the assessment of men data revisited. J. Pers Assess 2015; 97(1): 100-110.
9. Shwetz AV, Kalnysh VV. Efficiency of professional activity and its connection with psychophysiological characteristics of Ukrainian peacekeepers. Mil Med Ukraine 2007; 7(1-2); 47-55.
10. Lievens F, Sackett PR. The effects of predictor method factors on selection outcomes: A modular approach to personnel selection procedures. J Appl Psychol 2017; 102(1): 43-66.
11. Persch AC, Gugiu PC, Onate JA, Cleary DS. Development and Psychometric Evaluation of the Vocational Fit Assessment (VFA). Am J Occup Ther 2015; 69(6): 544-551.
12. Bilozerkivska YO Features of professional activity and analysis of false actions of BSCT TPP operators. Pr Extr Crisis Psychol 2010; 7: 46-55.
13. Nikiforova OA, Sydorenko GG. Assessment of occupational risk during the official duties performance for station controllers of the Pridniprovsk railway. Bul Dnip Nat U Rail Transp 2014; 2(50): 58-64.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.